What is Tradies Insurance?

What is Tradies Insurance?

Trades are essential services – providing the wiring, plumbing, plastering, building and more that keep us in safe and secure homes and workplaces, connected to each other, warm or cool, and our properties looking good too!

If you’re a tradie, you’ve got to protect your tools, your liability and your ute or van Australia-wide, with a suite of insurances specific to your needs.

Public Liability Insurance for Trades

The nature of most trade occupations are heavy duty, dangerous and often involve lots of people on job-sites, or working in peoples homes. The places you’re undertaking your day to day work are hugely varied and often you have little to no control over what happens there while you’re doing your work.

Making sure your Liability insurance is appropriate for your business activities, the employees and apprentices you have, or the subcontractors you work with, means the difference between your livelihood and personal assets on the line if something goes wrong and someone is injured or you damage someone’s property in the course of your work.

General Property Insurance – Tools of Trade

Your trade tools and stock are the lifeblood of your business. If they were stolen tomorrow, how difficult would it be to replace those and get back to your job with the least amount of delay or cost?

This is a banger of a cover, covering your tools, stock in trade, your portable electronics (like your phone, your laptop or iPad etc) and any portable equipment that moves around the place with you. The cover is Accidental Damage, and includes theft (and depending on the insurer, often without needing to show forcible or violent entry). With options to itemise your tools for the higher value items, or just insuring a blanket sum, the cover can be tailored to suit your specific needs.

Commercial Motor – Work Vehicles and Tradesman Trailers

Getting to and from your jobs and transporting your tools and stock, your work vehicle and trailer is vital to you being able to do your job. If your vehicle was stolen or damaged in an accident, you need to ensure your insurance is up to the task with a Commercial Motor policy, tailored to your occupation and use. Lots of job-sites these days are now requiring a Commercial Motor insurance Certificate of Currency before they’ll let you on a job-site, so it makes sense to add it to your Tradies Insurance arsenal.

There are a number of other covers that can be tailored into a Tradies Insurance program, like Tax Audit, or property cover if you’ve got a Workshop or shed. Or Personal Accident & Illness Insurance, Machinery Breakdown or even Management Liability depending on your business structure and specific exposure.

Your best bet is working with an experienced broker who will get to know you and what you do, and tailor a Tradies Insurance package that fits your unique risks and needs.

Give me a call today to get started!

Need a quote? Let’s get started!

Leave some details in the form below and Laura will be in touch to organise your quotes asap.

We can also help with...

Home & Contents Insurance Ballarat

Home and Contents Insurance doesn’t have to be complicated, but it pays to know the basics and make sure you understand that not all insurance companies and policies are the same, despite what some might tell you!

Landlords Insurance

“Do I really need special insurance for my rental property, or will the usual home insurance do the job?”

Lifestyle & Hobby Farm Insurance

Do you live on a property larger than 5 acres? You may need to consider a few extra aspects to your insurance than you would with a standard home and contents policy.

Quote Request